1) The purpose of this policy is to ensure anyone who deals with Rocks Gone will comply with both the letter and the spirit of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988.
2) Rocks Gone takes seriously its obligation to safeguard personal information it holds. This privacy statement sets out the approach Rocks Gone will take in relation to the treatment of personal information. It includes information on how Rocks Gone collects, uses, discloses and deals with personal information.
2. Our Legal Obligations
1) Rocks Gone complies with the National Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act.
3. Collection of Personal Information
1) Personal information is information or an opinion that can identify a person.
2) The type of personal information Rocks Gone may collect from its clients will depend upon what dealings individuals may have with Rocks Gone.
3) Some examples of personal information include a person’s name or address. Personal information can also include photos, credit history information, bank account details and even information about what a person likes their opinions and where they work – basically anywhere the person is reliably identifiable.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
1) Rocks Gone only uses or discloses personal information for the purpose for which it was specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected.
2) Rocks Gone may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which a person would expect it to be used. If Rocks Gone wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances, it would obtain the person’s consent to do so.
3) Personal information will also be disclosed to an external party if Rocks Gone is required to do so by law.
5. Sharing information with other organisations
1) Rocks Gone does not sell personal information.
2) The only circumstances in which external organisations may be given access to Rocks Gone’s clients personal information are when Rocks Gone’s contractors or service providers are assisting Rocks Gone in the operation of its business or to provide a client service (for example, a company which helps Rocks Gone maintain its computer systems, or sends out Rocks Gone’s mail).
1) Rocks Gone may send advertising mail to its clients where the advertising mail is related to the purpose for which the information was collected.
2) If a customer no longer wishes to receive promotional information from Rocks Gone, the customer should advise Privacy Officer. Records will be amended within 30 days.
1) A cookie is a small data file that may be placed on the computer of a web user (usually in the browser software folder) the first time a computer visits a website which operates cookies.
8. Security of personal information
1) Rocks Gone will take reasonable steps to prevent personal information that it collects and ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date.
2) Personal information is held on secure services or in storage located in controlled environments. Rocks Gone employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held.
9. Access to personal information
1) Individuals are welcome to request personal information Rocks Gone holds about them.
2) To obtain a copy of the personal information Rocks Gone holds, please contact the Privacy Officer. Rocks Gone may require personal identification.
10. Changing Information
1) If a person wishes to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, they may write to the Privacy Officer.
11. Changes to the Policy
1) Rocks Gone reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Rocks Gone will notify any changes by posting an updated version of the policy on its website at https://rocksgone.com.au/.
12. Additional Information
1) For additional information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
2) You can also contact the Rocks Gone Privacy Officer:
a) Name: Amy Pannell, Chief Financial Officer
b) Phone: (08) 9288 2993
c) Email: email@example.com
d) Address: Unit 3, 3 Atlas Court Welshpool WA 6106